OWC Charts Conversion - From Classic ASP to ASP.NET

Arvind

Hello,

I recently bought the Mobilize VBUC to convert from Classic ASP to ASP.NET for one of my website. While conversion, the tool is unable to resolve the references for OWC Charts. I am sure there is a DLL file (msowc.dll) in our code path, with which the tool can resolve the reference. But it fails to resolve the same. Please find the error below:

image.png.06fe4fa1d3b5c6816b962a0c5e1e0caa.png

Could you please let me know if Mobilize does not recognizes OWC Charts? or Can you help to fix this issue?

Note: My application uses Chart depictions, which uses OWC.

Thanks,
Arvind MR

• Mobilize.Net Staff

Hello,

For this specific scenario, the VBUC was unable to resolve the reference to the dll containing the class OWC.Chart. In these circumstances, you can right click over the unresolved  createobject in that list, and choose the "Set Reference manually" to indicate the location of the dll containing that class.

Please let me know if that works for you.

Regards,

• Like 1

Hi Alberto,

This really makes me feel how silly I was. Yes, it did work! Thanks your help!

Since the DLL was already under a subfolder of the selected root, I thought it automatically finds the DLL.

Lesson learnt!

Thanks,
Arvind MR