Convert to UWP Error

Sithick

Hi,

I've installed Mobilize latest build with Visual Studio 2015 Professional Update 1 and Windows 10 SDK 10586.15.

When I try to convert my existing Windows Phone 8.0 Silverlight project to UWP, Visual Studio 2015 is not responding and it crashed.

Please let me know the workarounds to fix this irrelevant behavior.

Thanks,

S M A Sithick

• Mobilize.Net Staff

Thank you for taking the time to report this problem .

We need to get more information from you in order to diagnose the problem.

Are you processing a large WP 8.0 Silverlight project? Is the project part of a large solution?

Does the input project compile without errors?

Is the conversion tool crashing once it’s started? Or is it freezing after a long time?

Also, please send us the contents of the MigrationLog.txt file which should be stored in the output directory.

Thanks again

Hi,

My WP 8.0 Silverlight project is not that huge. It has many logics and pages.

Input Project is free with compile errors.

Mobilize tool is freezing after a long time and makes the Visual Studio 2015 to crash or restart.

No log file generated yet.

Please provide resolution at the earliest.

Thanks.

• Mobilize.Net Staff

Hi,

For us it’s difficult to diagnose the problem with the information we have.

Can you send us the last text that is displayed on the wizard after starting the conversion process? For example in the screenshot attached to this message it says that the current task being executed is “LoadProjectsTask”.

Can you send us a screenshot of the wizard when it stops responding?

Is the output directory empty?

Also, can you try to convert a small “Hello world” WP8 project? A new WP8 Silverlight project using the default Visual Studio template is enough. This will help us determine if the problem is related to the installation process or to the conversion of your application.

Thanks again

wizard.jpg