VB6 Migration to C#(VS2015)

Rohit

Hi,

I am using the trial version of VBUC for VB6 to C# migration project on VS2015. In my VB6 application I was using 'Microsoft.visualBasic' dll as external reference. While Migrating to C# these DLLs(Microsoft.visualbasic/Microsoft.VisualBasic.Compatibility) being added in reference folder as reference and their methods is being used. 

But I don't want to  use or refer any legacy code (VB6 code). I want to convert everything into native C#. So for few methods I am able to get the equivalent function in C#(e.g ConvertToString/ FileStream etc ) but for few VB6 method I am not able to get the equivalent in C#. 

Can we create C# class for these VB DLLs.

kindly suggest.

Thanks & Regards,

Rohit Srivastava

Edited by Rohit

• Mobilize.Net Staff

Hi Rohit,

In general, the VBUC try to use .Net native libraries, but there are some cases we need to use those compatibility libraries because there isn't a straightforward .Net approach.

You can modify any portion of the generated code (C$ or VB.Net), including the helpers.

Cheers,

Olman Q