Migration issue from VB 6 to VB.NET 2017

Devashi

Hi,

I am trying to migrate an old project which was done in Visual Basic 6 to the latest Visual Studio 2017 VB.NET. I found your tool after carefully searching the internet and tried to use it to migrate my project. I was successfully able to migrate with some minor issues.

However, I am unable to compile the application in Visual Studio 2017 since it gives me the following error:

Severity Code Description Project File Line Suppression State
Error Did not find a registered ActiveX control in 'C:\Windows\System32\msdxm.tlb'. armDriverVBNetSupport D:\VB-Project1_.Net\Upgraded\armDriverVBNetSupport\AXIMP

Could you please help?

• Mobilize.Net Staff

Hi Devashi,

I looks like your vb6 application is using that component/reference that is used in the migrated application as well via COM Interop. Before migrating a vb6 application, make sure the source code to be migrated compiles, that would help you to know if there are missing components/references. Some of those components can be converted to .Net equivalents but some others don't so they would be used via COM Interop.

All those components that would be used via COM Interop by the migrated code will need to be properly installed in the machine where the .Net code is executed.

Please let me know if that answers your question.

OlmanQ